Looking to get involved with M Partner? See how community-university partnerships are making a difference in three communities in Mississippi and learn how you can support these efforts:
- In Charleston, Lexington, and New Albany, many stakeholders are working together to drive community and economic development. In each community, leaders expressed an interest in partnering with the university to create branding and marketing materials to drive tourism and community involvement.
- M Partner communities are working to elevate education initiatives, such as early childhood coalitions and parent teacher organizations, that can benefit from outreach campaigns to enhance local community engagement.
- Our partners in these communities are committed to beautification and walkable and bikeable streets. Potential projects include signage, trash mitigation, and policies to promote complete streets.
- Many of these community-driven initiatives can benefit from strategies for community-university grant writing. There are ample opportunities to draft narratives and analyze and compile data to pursue public, philanthropic, and corporate financial support.
- Finally, access to health information has emerged as a priority in our community conversations. Projects could include health fairs to offer screenings and health education, as well as encouraging use of recreational spaces, and facilitating access to healthy foods at school.
Interested? Sign up below!